hermits?

cichlid101

Does anyone know where I can purchase larger size hermits? My humu humu is a pig. He will not stop eating my turbos andhermits. I know that they can eat them but I didn't think he would eat all 250.

harlequin

Dont waste your money. Size wont matter much since the huma huma can bite through thick armor with ease. If you are looking for algae control you need to try other means such as a refugium or algae eating fish that will stay beneith the eye of a huma huma.

dragracer

How big is your Huma Huma. Mine doesn't bother with anything. He even pals around with my Clown!! For now I guess.

interj

I have a cc starfish which has handled the Huma so far. I am also looking for others to help keep the tank clean. I've been thinking of a large hermit or maybe a conche. Some people seem to have success, others not so much with the triggers and clean up crews.

cichlid101

My Humu Humu is only about 2 inches. He is a little terror. I have a clown trigger,flame angle, 2 clown percs, dog face puffer, 9 damsels from the cycle, fu man chu lion, 10emerald crabs, 10 pepermint shrim, 3 scalrlet red cleaners a few hermits left and a few snails left that my humu humu hasn't eaten yet. I just wish my humu humu wasn't such a PIG. Everyone gets along which is good.

cichlid101

very funny about the sump. I don't know why he's being a shite. Oh well... Yes, tell me how I can get one of those big mean hermits?