Hey DAB

volitan

Good to see a good Sooner reefer on the boards! What LFS do you shop? Are there any good ones in Norman?

wrassecal

Hi Volitan, I posted for you once the same question but guess you didn't see me. I was wondering what lfs you use too. There is IMO a good one in Norman and I trust them. Can I name them in here? or is that a no-no. there is a very popular one in OKC and i went there only once and they sold me 2 bubble tips I wasn't ready for and a clown when I already had a tom clown, so one bubble died and my tom clown almost killed the other one, so they took it back and sold me a dwarf pygmy angel who brought ich to my tank and died, thank God I didn't lose anything else. I won't say who they are but their initials are the RS. blahblah blah sob story....point is I will only go to the one in Norman now that I trust. Where do you shop? If we can say in here I'll be happy to tell you where I go and where they are in Norman. Also, if you know a good one, I'd love to hear of another trustworthy lfs. :)
BTW - GO SOONERS (BOYS AND GIRLS) :D

volitan

I don't think Saltwaterfish.com considers our lfs a competitor, so I would guess it's alright to name them. Anyways, I know what you mean about the Reef Shop. I've bought a few things from them, but I don't think I was happy with any purchase I've made in there. I bought a yellow tang that almost wiped out my tank a week after I bought him. Now I've been shopping a place in Edmond named Aquarium Fish and Supply. The owner's name is LeAnne. She never has a very good selection, but she can get anything you want. She will also demand on keeping fish and coral until she is certain that they are healthy. Her store is in a shopping center just south of 15th St, on Kelley if you ever want to check it out.

wrassecal

I'll definately check out her place. I use Crystal Clear Aquatics on Flood Street in Norman. Dave and Janeel run it and they've given me good advise on what to buy, when etc. They don't try to sell me things I shouldn't have. Dave told me right off when I started out that the most important thing in this hobby was patience. Check them out if you get a chance.