Hey, everyone.

Hey, everyone at saltwaterfish.
I'm Kaia, living in Los Angeles area, they place I grew up doesn't have a lot of SW livestock, seeing so many beautiful aquariums, I feel very lucky to be here.
I don't have my own SW tank yet, but I'm looking forward to having one. Hope that will happen soon.

meowzer

WELL HELLO.....And welcome to SWF.....
When you think you are ready...begin by doing A LOT of reading....there are some great threads to point you in the right direction in the new hobbyist section....also you will learn a lot by reading a lot of our experiences too
GOOD LUCK

jerth6932

Welcome!!! We. Appreciate new b's. We do have fun, and its always fun to have a good laugh on 1guydude's expense! Welcome again!

WELL HELLO.....And welcome to SWF.....

When you think you are ready...begin by doing A LOT of reading....there are some great threads to point you in the right direction in the new hobbyist section....also you will learn a lot by reading a lot of our experiences too

GOOD LUCK
Thank you, will do that.
I'm studying every minutes when I'm here in the office about fishes and filtration, I'm really happy to be here, hope I can be able to help others as well.
I forgot to metion, we have a SW tank in our office, and here is a link:
http://www.radio-media.com/fish/Tank.htm

Welcome to this site, I guess we can call you the algae scrubber expert?
Well...I'm not the algae scrubber expert, I work for him. :hi:

2quills

Hey, welcome to the site. I think you made a good choice coming here. Good people here. Hey is that the original tank being maintained by a scrubber only?

al&burke

That is impressive - can you get us a picture of the Algae scrubber, I am running one as well and really like it.
Thanks Al

That is impressive - can you get us a picture of the Algae scrubber, I am running one as well and really like it.

Thanks Al

Oh, the last picture of the link is an previous version of it. Now we have moved it on the shelf, and there are two of them running for testing. :)

That FTS is really old, got anything updated?

Welcome to the site! I wish you much success!
Well, that's all we have for now, but the digitade and monti caps are bigger now. The digitade are 2 inches taller and the monti caps are taking over the top, has to give them away. :)

snakeblitz33

No problem. Don't see why there's only two FTS that I have seen in the last three years and not more... I'm anxious to see more pics of the tank and the progress that it's making utilizing algae scrubbers.

rainbow grouper

Hey welcome to the site there are 3 rules to maintaining an SW tank
1. research research research! i have lost many a fish because of lack of RESEARCH!!!!
2. never listen to the local fish store(LFS) or any fish store they will do whatever it takes to make an extra penny.
3. ALWAYS! ALWAYS! QUARANTINE i have heard horror stories here about people losing whole tanks because they have not quarantined a new addition.
Happy keeping every bit of hard work will pay off in the end trust me i know
meowzer sorry for using you as the guinea pig but
go onto do not do as meowzer did :( in fish disease and treatment
(anyone know how to do a hyperlink?)

snakeblitz33

Rainbow,
Please stop saying do not listen to the LFS. It gives reputable dealers bad raps. Live fish stores have to make money or else they aren't going to stay in business, but it is their business to get their clients tanks up and running properly and maintained correctly so that they will be repeat customers. Not a single person knows it all, and therefore every aquarist should get as wide of a variety of opinions as possible about the creatures that we care for and the equipment we use to take care of them. So, please, stop saying that LFS are all about money, when they truly aren't.

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/388408/hey-everyone#post_3425717
Rainbow,
Please stop saying do not listen to the LFS. It gives reputable dealers bad raps. Live fish stores have to make money or else they aren't going to stay in business, but it is their business to get their clients tanks up and running properly and maintained correctly so that they will be repeat customers. Not a single person knows it all, and therefore every aquarist should get as wide of a variety of opinions as possible about the creatures that we care for and the equipment we use to take care of them. So, please, stop saying that LFS are all about money, when they truly aren't.
+1.
I learned a great deal of my info by talking to people at my LFS. I bounced ideas off of them and used the info that they gave me to go and do my own research.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/388408/hey-everyone#post_3425717
Rainbow,
Snake...The LFSs are in business to make money, not play Dear Abby of the fish world doling out advice. I do not, and I tell others to not ask advice from the LFS, give them your business, we want them to stay in business....but go into the store knowing what you want and need, or at least have an educated idea. There is no possible way to tell who gives good advice, and who is out for the buck...they all need and want the buck, that's why it's a store.
I can't imagine going into a store like Koles and say..."what should I purchase for my bathroom?" and not have a clue to even the color I want. How about going into a grocery store and asking what is a weeks worth of food for your 5 people household. Nobody goes into any store and not have an idea of what they want. Can you imagine going into a car dealership and say...I just want a car...what would they sell you?