hey joerdie

old hermit

do you know of any good stores for salt water fish in cincinnati? i live very close to there about 30 min. drive. i havent really went up there looking for any yet though.

cwfish

Old Hermit, go check out Aquatics & Exotics on Hamilton Ave. in cincinnati. The owner, Jason, is very knowledgeble and a nice guy as well. They have a pretty good selection of fish.

joerdie

aquatics and exotics is a great store but they have really bad hours so call ahead. another great store that is kind of far up north is called all about fish. This is the best salt fish store i have ever been!!! there is also a place that i call the crack house if you go there you will see why. they are really called house of tropicals, sometimes they have good stuff and as long as you go there without needing to ask any questions about compatability ect. you will be fine. A word of caution though, I would stay away from Jacks aquarium and pets. I have actually tested the water from multipal Jacks stores and the quality is horendous and their prices arent that great anyway. Im at work right now but i have a list at home of all of the good places in cinci' if you want i can get you a copy.

goldfish

I just posted to you about the same thing in your other topic...
Old Hermit, Just About Fish is great up in Montgomery if you don't mind the drive. They are very reputible and know their stuff. They are not the kind of people who tell you crap just so you will buy it...they are very honest and up front. Wetpets right near Aquatics and Exotics is pretty good too...you have to get to know and understand the owner. He's a little different!

cwfish

I would boycott Wet Pets. The owner is a COMPLETE A$$ !!! He used to be a former bodybuilder and I think the steroids shrunk his brain as well as his ahem... :) While he does have a nice selection of fish, it's just not worth it. Then again if you are female you might be ok. When I brought my fiancee into the store he fell all over himself to help her out even though I was the one looking at making a purchase.

old hermit

thanks for the info. i would like to take a trip around that area to see what is up there. i agree about jacks. the one in florence had a coral tank until it became a apestia(sp) tank. if you are down this way there is one and only one good store down here called world of pets. on turfway rd. they are nice people but i dont know about the honest part. they keep telling me that the flower pot coral is not hard to keep. that could be just his experience though. and joerdie i will take a copy of that list if it isnt any trouble. let me get back with you on the email though. i dont have one but my wife dose and she is gone right now.

goldfish

CW- I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience at Wetpets. I bought my entire setup from him and he was very kind. I am female, but my hubby was with me and he never showed any kind of "favor" towards women. You say he was a former bodybuilder?? I would have never guessed! He said he used to teach jr. high biology, but that was years ago. I still do most of my shopping with him..even though he is a little different. I've gotten used to him and he "wheels and deals" with me pretty well. He has done many nice things for me--even given me a huge deal on a clown trigger since my eel downed my wrasse in 2 seconds flat! I'll have to keep my eyes open to the "woman thing" and see if I notice anything. Thanks for the heads up!!

goldfish

Wetpets is on Pippin Road in the Colerain area. You can take 275 to the Colerain exit, go right and then another right on Compton Road. That will dead end into Pippin Road and the store is in the strip mall on the right.

jim672

That's communication at its finest. Joerdie and his fiance have to "talk" to eachother via this bb!! :D :D Will we be able to witness the world's first internet wedding? :rolleyes:
Jim

joerdie

Accually the problem here is that ive been looking at this site scinse about april (not to say thats a long time) and the only reason ravenly98 likes sw is because everything so "perty" (so as not to confuse anyone this response is meant to be read in a jovial and sarcastic tone)

goldfish

Ravenly,
Wetpets has freshwater and saltwater. He has a completely separate room for all the saltwater tanks.