Hey Terry B!!!

blutang

Hey Terry,
I have a question. In a post that you made on Jeff903's topic said that if you take a fish out of your saltwater tank and release him into the ocean he will die and that its illegal.
Why will he die? and Why is it illegal?
Later!

blutang

Thats pretty much what I thought....I guess I was wondering if there is a very specific law in the US that prohibits it?
Thanks for the info!

mr . salty

We now have a SERIOUS problem with Zebra Musscles in the great lakes.More specifically Lake Michigan.Although they were introduced by accident,ships dumping thier ballast/bilg water into the lake,They are now growing out of control...They are even litterally clogging the intake screens of out water treatment,and power plants...The upside of this is that they are filter feeders,and the lake is noticalby clearere than it has ever been.Although it seems as I am about the only one that sees this as a plus....

b_ball12_99

Mr. Salty- Has the government talked about introducing something to the lake that will eat them but not harm anything else?

blutang

Yeah I've heard about the Zebra Mussel problems you guys are having. I'm in Cincinnati and visit the Great Lakes fairly regularly. I haven't heard anything about the introduction of any type of predators that would eat the mussels, nor do I think it would be a good idea to introduce any more foreign species into the lake, for fear of another infestation.
Later!