HEY time to review skimmers.....

rubberduck

ok realy quick lets show everyone which is the best skimmer.
which one is most efficient for whats its worth and overal value.
thx

chipmaker

Don't know what your referring to in ther 2nd post, but my vote is for the coralife super skimmers...Best bang for the buck for a skimmer that works.

bergamer

Originally Posted by chipmaker
Don't know what your referring to in ther 2nd post, but my vote is for the coralife super skimmers...Best bang for the buck for a skimmer that works.
I second that!

dejaco

Hey guys I haven't seen much cheaper than the seaclones I use - they make foam day in and day out, 2 of 'em free standing in a 45 gal sump under my 210 seems just fine. Buy good lights first and pumps, then put a fancy named skimmer on your wish list. I will say, that when first designed and hanging on sump they were not as good as they are now free standing in sump. I think it had something to do with the ext. arm connecting maxijet to bottom of tower. Once I left it off and directly attached the PH - and submerged it in sump - Wha'la instant continual foam production and no more fussing with bubbles!
It's just MO.

swfreak

I love me SuperSkimmer. I paid 80 bucks for it shipped(65gal). I have it sitting directly in the sump and it pulls the nastiest smelling and the darkest sludge I have seen for any skimmer. The reef shop that I go to only uses them also.

chipmaker

Hey SWFreak......I have heard from a reliable source that the skim thats removed is great for a high protein gravy on a few slices of bread. Seriously, i used to dump mine down the drain, now I dump it on a few shrubs outside and they have shown some serious growth over the time I have been doing it as compared to what they used to grow like......the salt does not seem to be any problem either.

rockblast

Yeah I too really recommend anyone buying a Coralife SuperSkimmer.
It works great, easy to clean. And it can either be setup as a HOB or in the sump.
A+ for Coralife

skiutah

I have an ASM G2 and I HATE it. It makes so many damn microbubbles and I can't get rid of them. I have talked to ASM directly, done tons of research on my own and they say there is nothing they can do.... Makes me mad, that after spending over 200 bucks on a skimmer that is doesn't work right.

acrylic51

How do you have it setup in your sump??? Oddly enough never heard that complaint about them......Any mods done to the skimmer as well

rhomer

Originally Posted by skiutah
I have an ASM G2 and I HATE it. It makes so many damn microbubbles and I can't get rid of them. I have talked to ASM directly, done tons of research on my own and they say there is nothing they can do.... Makes me mad, that after spending over 200 bucks on a skimmer that is doesn't work right.
I had the same issue for about 10 minutes. I moved it further from the return pump, and I have the sponge on there return pump, I have no baffles and I have no bubbles.
Rob

rubberduck

what does asm stand for, srry not familiar. also im thinking about the acua c remora even though it has twice the cost it is supposable the best skimmer under 300$$. so plz give info if u have experience.
also to explain post two, i tryed to make this a poll but it didnt work and i wanted it to be deleted, but this works

misfit

I have an aqua medic and its great.The only ones i have to compare it to is a seaclone 150 which worked good for a 120 then i bought a prizm what a mistake that was.

reefreak29

coral life skimmer is what killed half my tank when the pump shorted out, my water smelled like burnt plastic and poisned my tank please dont cheap out on skimmers

uberlink

Aqua C Remora with MaxiJet is what I run. Love it. Consistently pulls out half an inch (in the cup) of dark green crap per day. Quiet and adjustment free.

jester805

Originally Posted by uberlink
Aqua C Remora with MaxiJet is what I run. Love it. Consistently pulls out half an inch (in the cup) of dark green crap per day. Quiet and adjustment free.
I second that. I had a SeaClone 100 and was constantly messing with it. Got the Aqua C Remora and it has worked GREAT from day one.

jdboy

I've got a Turbo Floater Multi and hated it for a long time. It just wouldn't work for me as a hang on. I moved it inside the sump and I begun to work better. I then came across a air intake mod on this site and after the mod I'm extremely happy with the skimmer. Makes good foam and I never have to adjust it any more. Good but not a great skimmer, the air mod is a must!