Hi, new here, Clown Question

damselz

I was in a pet shop today and found a mated pair of percula clowns, the guy said they were true percs but I'm not sure and he said he could sell them for $60 for the pair. I then went to ***** and saw Clowns (False Percs) for $14 each. Is there any advantage to the true Percs over the false and do they eventually become a mated pair if not already. Lastly is $60 a good price for the pair?

viper_930

I really doubt they're a mated pair. Probably just a bonded pair, but not mated. Mated pairs usually go for at least $100 or more. $60 is an average price for a pair of true percs.
False percs, A. ocellaris, and true percs, A. percula, look different. Just choose which one you like better.

maroonytun

Yeah, Viper is right, and I hope you have heard some of the things about Deathco, aka *****, run a search. Viper I love your avatar, are those yours????

mryoung7

Originally Posted by damselz
I was in a pet shop today and found a mated pair of percula clowns, the guy said they were true percs but I'm not sure and he said he could sell them for $60 for the pair. I then went to ***** and saw Clowns (False Percs) for $14 each. Is there any advantage to the true Percs over the false and do they eventually become a mated pair if not already. Lastly is $60 a good price for the pair?
in my opinion, false percs are easier to keep alive.

nygel

false percs are just alot more available too, and my current false perc is from deathco..... except ours actually takes care of their marine life pretty well. No ich, no tangs in ten gallons... everything seemed pretty decent at ours