Hi! New member here, but would dare to advise.. :)

M

mj335

Hi!
Since your forum is huge, is there any chance you would add a section where people that lives near each other can communicate better? For example, something like a "regional section" where that forum splits into sub-sections titled: USA-California, USA-Florida, USA-New England, USA-Southeast, USA-Southwest, USA-Hawaii, etc.. That way people from that region can interact with each other and discuss the reputable LFS near that vicinity or if one is willing to come and help build a newbie's new saltwater aquarium, etc, etc, etc. Just trying to give some input to this forum :).
MJ

el guapo

Originally Posted by mJ335
http:///forum/post/2820321
Hi!
Since your forum is huge, is there any chance you would add a section where people that lives near each other can communicate better? For example, something like a "regional section" where that forum splits into sub-sections titled: USA-California, USA-Florida, USA-New England, USA-Southeast, USA-Southwest, USA-Hawaii, etc.. That way people from that region can interact with each other and discuss the reputable LFS near that vicinity or if one is willing to come and help build a newbie's new saltwater aquarium, etc, etc, etc. Just trying to give some input to this forum :).
MJ

Conflict of interest .

silverdak

welcome, not gonna fly posting other fish stores on the board tho.. I believe you can do whatever you want via PM's tho I believe... maybe see who is in the area ans contact them outside of the site or something?

M

mj335

Ahh ic.. well I live in Cali and I wanted to find local people around my area so I can interact and get to know more about setting up tanks/fish/corals/fragging/LRs/etc. and OF COURSE I will soon invest more time and $$$ to SWF! :D After more researching..

t316

Hi and Welcome mJ...

There's lots of people on here from your area. It will just take you some time to figure out who they are. Try Scotts for example, he's in Thousand Oaks, CA.

wattsupdoc

I don't think there's an issue with discussing LFS here. Online stores are a no-no though. You can not "do what ever you want" in PM. The same rules apply in PM that do in the boards.

You can find all the info you need to become a very advanced aquarist right here on these boards. No need for a regional section. A person in NY can very well help a person in CA. Additionally, having regions would limit the input you do get. As you would only be drawing from that pool.

ophiura

You will find both through searches and just by posting particular threads (eg "Looking for folks in ____________") that people do this all the time.
I think if they seperate it out it becomes loads of mini boards of new hobbyist info, etc. It becomes very repetitive and difficult to moderate. All of the topics you posted are covered in forums dedicated to those specific topics.
Definitely suggest just posting a thread looking for people in a certain area - but don't risk only taking advice from people in that area. You get much better information asking the whole board, not just local people.
However, we do definitely welcome input so keep it up