high salinity question..

jfarris

We just did a water change, and the salinity afterwards is now 1.027. I know that is high, so my question is this, we don't have anymore RO water and can't get any until tomorrow morning. Would it be better to add tap water to reduce the salinity or just wait until tomorrow? How detrimental can this be to our tank? We have fish, coral, live rock, and invertabrates. Sorry if this is rather vague, I tried to make it a simple question.
thank you in advance.

drew2005

Originally Posted by JFarris
We just did a water change, and the salinity afterwards is now 1.027. I know that is high, so my question is this, we don't have anymore RO water and can't get any until tomorrow morning. Would it be better to add tap water to reduce the salinity or just wait until tomorrow? How detrimental can this be to our tank? We have fish, coral, live rock, and invertabrates. Sorry if this is rather vague, I tried to make it a simple question.
thank you in advance.
I would wait until tomm. 1.027 is not that critical as some people keep their tanks at 1.026.

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by drew2005
I would wait until tomm. 1.027 is not that critical as some people keep their tanks at 1.026.
I agree, I keep mine around 1.026-1.027 actually. It's not that high at all! :happyfish