High School grads

Just wondering....
Who all have kids that graduated High School this year and if so what are their plans?
My 18 year old daughter graduated last night
and plans on attending UNC (Wilmington) this fall. She will be working the rest of the summer (2 part time jobs).

bbb

I was one of the junior marshalls for our school's graduation last night. It was pretty good except for the fact that I had to wear a tuxedo the entire time and parts of the building didn't have ac. The before and after parties were fun. One of my friends had a cook out for lunch and then afterwards we went to IHOP and then swimming around midnight.

lovethesea

we have a few years to help our kids think about whats going on. BUT I will say this.....my gut intinct is to tell most to have a back up. I want our kids to have a skill of sorts to fall back on IF that college degree does not pay off right away.
With MANY jobs being outsourced overseas, we all need something or someway to have a backup.
congrats to all on your graduations.

groupergenius

In my little rural neighborhood of 20 homes...we had 7 grads this year including my youngest. (I was a busy boy 18 years ago)

krista921

i graduate 6/27 then im goin to americorps in January :)
last day of classes is the 16 then i gota DMB concert the next day, ocean city for labor day weekend. Italy in October. Im tryin to make this the best summer of my life

wangotango

Originally Posted by Krista921
http:///forum/post/2640189
i graduate 6/27 then im goin to americorps in January :)
last day of classes is the 16 then i gota DMB concert the next day, ocean city for labor day weekend. Italy in October. Im tryin to make this the best summer of my life
They're making you go Monday? Seems a bit off
Our senior class spends Friday at Darien lake and that's our last day.
Great thing about New York is all of the state regents exams.
-Justin

mom2ella

My daughter is graduating from HS and is going to be attending community college this fall and then off to SUNY for Environmental Studies.