High Silica Removal?

davidcanupp

OK, Kent Marine claims that their RO units with the Hi-S feature reduce the amounts of silica, phosphate and nitrate. Spectrapure claims that this is untrue, as does Ultrapure water. I was wondering if anyone else had any unbiased insight because I realize that all three of these companies want to sell me their product. I am just interested in a 20 to 35 gpd RO unit, possibly with the Hi-S option, but I don't know if the Hi-S is worth the extra bucks. Thanks as always, David

wamp

I can only speak from my experience here. I have the Kent and I am very pleased. I have not seen any water related problems in my tank. No diatomatic algea, no nitrate boost and seems to work well at diffrent presures.
I would strike the others claim anout Kent as propaganda. I, for one, would not expect them to say that Kent is as good as theirs. Who would?
As far as the extra bucks? Well, you have to ask yourself this, Kent has been in business a long time and has made some very good products for the aquarium industry as a whole. They manufacture there products specficilay for the aquarium trade. Now, the other companys are probably just as good but, do they offer the support for their product as Kent does? Maybe, I don't know...
I do know you can order Kent replacment filters and can find them everywhere and get support for said product.. I have called them twice and have been very pleased with their service so far.
Which ever you choose I think they will be fine. Your choice here...