Highlander or Sienna?

yearofthenick

Trying to decide which vehicle to get? It needs to have 4wd and it needs to have three rows of seats (which both the Highlander and the Sienna have). Although I am married with two young kids, I'm still 28, which means that minivans are seriously un-cool... but I acknowledge the practicality of it. See, I'm on the cusp of accepting the idea of owning a minivan, but don't want to give in to the soccer-mom mentality. I'd rather have an SUV because it's bigger, heavier, and more likely to protect the family than a lunch box car.
Thoughts?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by YearOfTheNick http:///t/389309/highlander-or-sienna#post_3439952
Trying to decide which vehicle to get? It needs to have 4wd and it needs to have three rows of seats (which both the Highlander and the Sienna have). Although I am married with two young kids, I'm still 28, which means that minivans are seriously un-cool... but I acknowledge the practicality of it. See, I'm on the cusp of accepting the idea of owning a minivan, but don't want to give in to the soccer-mom mentality. I'd rather have an SUV because it's bigger, heavier, and more likely to protect the family than a lunch box car.
Thoughts?
LOL..All my kids are grown and now I have grandkids, I love my mini van. Chrysler Town and Country with seats that fold down to be able to haul anything I want.
Does it have to be a Toyota?

ironeagle2006

Look at the Mistubishi Outback also they have 3 rows of seats in them. Also Best in Class Fuel Economy. My BIL bought one over the Highlander. Now if your thinking a Minivan look at the Kia Sedona Lower in Price than the Sienna by 20K more room Better Warrenty more power and has that is for teh TOP OF TEH LINE model.

dragonzim

I was highly against mini vans as well but we got my wife a Honda Odyssey last year when it became obvious we needed the space with my twins. WAY more room than any SUV except maybe a Suburban and much better gas mileage as well. The Highlander is based off the Camry and while it is nice, dont for a second think its a "truck" because it its not.... Unfortunately, we are now definitely a van family...

yearofthenick

I like the Sienna because it has a 4-wheel drive option. This is good if I'm going to the snow. Yeah, it looks like we'll become a van family too... as much as it pains me to say it.
On the other hand, I will also need a car for myself. Toyota Tundra FTW!!!!