HILARIOUS Language Coincidences

clown boy

Below each phrase is how you would pronounce the Chinese translation of it. If you don't understand one, try to pronounce it to hear what it sounds like.
"That's not right"
Sum Ting Wong
"Are you harbouring a fugitive?"
Hu Yu Hai Ding
"See me ASAP"
Kum Hia Nao
"There goes Stupid Man"
Dum Dum Wa King
"Small Horse"
Tai Ni Po Ni
"Did you go to the beach?"
Wai Yu So Tan
"I bumped into a coffee table"
Ai Bang Mai Ni
"I think you need a face lift"
Chin Tu Fat
"It's very dark in here"
Wao So Dim
"I thought you were on a diet"
Wai Yu Mun Ching
"This is a tow away zone"
No Pah King
"Our meeting is next week"
Wai Yu Kum Nao
"Staying out of sight!"
Lei Ying Lo
"He's cleaning his automobile"
Wa Shing Ka
"Your body odour is offensive"
Yu Stin Ki Pu
"Great"
Su Pah

jerthunter

Well I am no offended but I have to say that none of those sound like any Chinese language I have ever learned. However if it amuses you then congratulations.

alix2.0

yeah i think its made up too but im wondering why everyone seems to think someones going to be offended by it?

jerthunter

Originally Posted by alix2.0
yeah i think its made up too but im wondering why everyone seems to think someones going to be offended by it?
I could see someone being offended but they probably wouldn't bother to say something. I doubt people enjoy having an aspect of their culture ridiculed just because someone find its hilarious.

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
I could see someone being offended but they probably wouldn't bother to say something. I doubt people enjoy having an aspect of their culture ridiculed just because someone find its HILARIOUS.
its supposed to be a joke...calm down...

clown boy

So uh... if I want to post a joke... uh... what's the criteria???
I'm not mocking anyone's culture... hey, I hear jokes about English words all the time.

jerthunter

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
its supposed to be a joke...calm down...
I am calm. I am not offended, I even said I was no offended. I understand that is supposed to be funny, I understand what the word hilarious means, however just because you say something is a joke does not make it funny nor does it prevent someone (no me since I already stated I was not offended) for being offended by a mockery of her/his culture.

jerthunter

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
So uh... if I want to post a joke... uh... what's the criteria???
I'm not mocking anyone's culture... hey, I hear jokes about English words all the time.

I doubt that there is any criteria, perhaps funny should be a criteria but noone said you shouldn't post what you think is funny, I just think people should be appear of how what they say or do may impact others, what you choose to do with that information is your own choice.

jtrzerocool

I am calm. I am not offended, I even said I was no offended. I understand that is supposed to be funny, I understand what the word HILARIOUS means, however just because you say something is a joke does not make it funny nor does it prevent someone (no me since I already stated I was not offended) for being offended by a mockery of her/his culture.
so should comedians stop telling jokes? i dont get why you elaborated on the "being offended" subject if you are not offended...

jtrzerocool

I doubt that there is any criteria, perhaps funny should be a criteria but noone said you shouldn't post what you think is funny, I just think people should be appear of how what they say or do may impact others, what you choose to do with that information is your own choice.
anything can offend another person...there is no sence in starting an argument if you dont think its funny...

jerthunter

so should comedians stop telling jokes? i dont get why you elaborated on the "being offended" subject if you are not offended...
You are really reading into what I said. The reason I elaborated was because someone mentioned they did not understand why someone might be offended, I see no problem trying to show why someone might not find this as hilarious as others.

jerthunter

anything can offend another person...there is no sence in starting an argument if you dont think its funny...
I did not think I was starting an argument.

jtrzerocool

I did not think I was starting an argument.
did you think that this quote wouldnt start somthing?

I doubt people enjoy having an aspect of their culture ridiculed just because someone find its HILARIOUS.
this is called attacking someone...

jerthunter

did you think that this quote wouldnt start somthing?
this is called attacking someone...
How is that called attacking someone? I would like to know?

jtrzerocool

you were specifically pointing out that his origional post could offend someone...which is not the problem...your tone is the problem...wether you ment it or not...using capital leters to emphasize somthing always sounds rude...

jtrzerocool

HILARIOUS.
he ment this word to be used in a funny way...you used it to be rude...

jerthunter

you were specifically pointing out that his origional post could offend someone...which is not the problem...your tone is the problem...wether you ment it or not...using capital leters to emphasize somthing always sounds rude...
My only reason for using capital letters was that was the way it appeared in the title, but if it will help I will gladly go back and edit my post so that the tone is kinder and gentler.