hippo tang won't stop straching

tangx3

i am treating my 3 tangs in QT with copper. and i've been using Maracyn for 6 days already. but my hippo tang won't stop straching his body with my heater or the pvc pipe. i have no idea why he won't stop. because my other 2 tangs yellow and purple never straching their body against the heater or pvc. any idea?
by the way, i know it's not the case of ich since i have 1 more week to go with the coppersafe. i am pretty sure the copper killed the freaking ich

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Tangs are hyper sensitive to copper; I'd suspect a reaction to the treatment. What type of copper are you using? Also, why are using Maracyn? You're using a lot of potent medication, how is your water quality at this point?

tangx3

thanks for the quick reply. i am using coppersafe from mardel. i am using maracyn because they got body fungus. most likely it's cost by the copper. my water quility is good, i do 10% water change every other day to keep it up. the thing is why only the hippo does that? and the yellow & purple don't scrach?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by TangX3
thanks for the quick reply. i am using coppersafe from mardel. i am using maracyn because they got body fungus. most likely it's cost by the copper. my water quility is good, i do 10% water change every other day to keep it up. the thing is why only the hippo does that? and the yellow & purple don't scrach?
Hippos are generally more sensitive or he may have a weaker immune system. Tell us about this "fungus" what does it look like? I would realy stop the medication as it seems to be doing more harm than good. How much coppersae have you added? You do know that one single dose lasts for a month right? Have you checked the copper level in the tank?