hippo tang

gene52569

I ordered a hippo tang from swf. Are they the same thing as an Regal tang? From what I see of a regal tang at my lfs is the huge price difference. My lfs of course told me buying a hippo was a bad idea, and that they stay small. Depending on size they wanted between 45 and 70 for one. I of course no longer listen to my lfs. Ever since the "experts" there said it was safe to use copper treatments in a reef setup to kill ich.....................

flamehawk

Regal is same as hippo. They can grow around 10-12 inches in captivity and larger in the wild.DOn't listen to that LFS if he's making these gross mis-statements. Hopefully there is a better LFS in your area you can trust. S/B able to get a small one for anywhere from 29.99 -49.99. Only add to a well mature tank with plenty of room. 75g's minimum tank to start. WIll have to be moved later,

flamehawk

I beleive you asked about hippo and regal not blue. Again the hippo and regal are the same fish. They do grow big and will eventually need at least a 6' 125g tank. good luck.