Hippocampus erectus?

mcbdz

I'm guessing these are erectus. They have lines insted of spots and the cirri is very prenounced. Am I correct?

mcbdz

I know nobody likes to get WC, but I couldn't let them die.
My daughter works at our lfs and they got these in a couple of weeks ago without being prepared.
After not being able to get them to eat, the young girl that owns the lfs let me get them for cost so they wouldn't die up there. There was 2 females and a male. I finally got the females to eat live ghost shrimp.
The male never ate and pasted away on my 3rd day.
I have had the females for 9 days now
. the orange one(Mango) eats very good, but the purple one(Flicka) is very shy and waits until I step away from the tank. I'm enriching the shrimp with cyclopeeze and formula 2. I also mix in frozen with the feedings but no luck yet getting them to taste. Tim on the other board told me to worm them so tomarrow when I go to town I'll pick up the meds. I want them eating really good and use to me before I worry about trying any harder to train them to eat frozen, because they don't need to miss any feedings as of yet. Wish me luck and any ideas are welcome.

teresaq

Congrats, and I can tell you tim is the best. Good Luck. If you look at tims horses you will see what cirri really looks like. they are beautiful though
Teresaq

monalisa

Wow, your horses are gorgeous. I agree whole heartedly that you've got erectus horses. I commend you for taking on wc horses...but on the other hand, well, you know, the whole supply and demand thing comes into play.
I wish you the best of luck with your little girls...I hope they do beautifully for you. Please be sure to keep us posted on their progress. I know I'll be watching for updates!! I've read that seahorses will lose their cirri in captivity...it'll be interesting to see if that's really true.
Keep us posted!!
Lisa