Hitchhiker Parasite Concern.

lutz493

Recently added 65lbs of live rock to my tank, I have been paying very close attention to the many things that are popping out of the rocks now. One thing that concerns me is living in one of the rocks is a very small clear organism. He has what look like 2 manibles coming from his month, perhaps even fangs it is hard to tell, he also has legs and sorta scurries around the LR then hides back in his hole...... If it helps, I have only see him with my blue light on or a dark tank. I've yet to see him pop with my White/Blues on.
Do I need to worry about this? Anything I can do to check that before its too late?
I also may have a red looking crab very tiny in the tank. Do I need to worry about him or will he be ok?
My girlfriend has concerns of a Mantis Shrimp - I have Marshall Island and Tonga Branch for my LF - Is a Mantis Shrimp something I will find in that sort of rock with such small holes?
Forgot to mention I have a white starfish the size of a quarter in the tank - I plan to add hard/soft corals down the road and if he is going ot be a problem I would like to get him out of there now
Please any advice or things to look for would be great.

mlm

The star fish is fine. Probably a mini brittle star. The little bug thing that you see at night is a copepod/amphipod. YOu probably have many more of them. They are very good. You want as many as you can get in your tank. The crab I would have to see a pic or get a better description. I would not worry about the mantis shrimp. They seem more common on the Forida Gulf aquacultured rock.

lutz493

Thank you very much, you eased alot of my concers.
When the crab decides to finally come out and take a walk I will try to get a shot of him with my G3.
Are there ways to see any parasites in your tank or do you sit back and wait until you see them on one of your fish?
I only have 2 Clarkii Clowns in my tank right now I am actually looking to adding a Six Line today and didn't wanna add any fish until that concern of mine was handled.
Thanks again~