hitchhikers

hops523

Hey I just picked up some live rock today. I found one majano, do those multiply?And I found an apisto I think they are called, I read that those arent very good. I also found a medium sized feather duster, will he get bigger?
Thanks

salty cheese

They won't "damage" the tank but they will sting any other corals that are near them.
Do yourself a favor and get rid of them ASAP.

salty cheese

The two best methods are either Joe's Juice or kalkwasser (that's German for lime water). Do a search for either of those terms.

michaeltx

the feather dusters probably wont get as big as the HI feather dusters that you see for sale but they will spread over the tank. they are good things though
Mike

hops523

Well now I cant really tell if the majano is really a majano or a zoanthiad, sometimes it looks like one and then the other. I also found a micro starfish!

majakarot

Those little white starfish (not actually starfish) multiply like their is no tomarrow... They are mostly harmless though, although I have found more than one to eat holes in my kenya

hops523

The one that I found was all black with some white stripes. I wonder if they are somewhat of the same thing.