Hmm.....

grouperhead

I was wondering if I could get another fish for my tank. As most of you know it is a 75 gal. Right now I have 30 pounds LR, ls/cc mixed sandbed, and a 4" picasso and a 15" snowflake moray. I really want to get a grouper, maybe one of the smaller species like a blue-line or maybe a gold stripe soapfish(I know the cautions about them, would the trigger harrass him and possibly make him exude his toxic coat?) I really like both of these. My lfs also has some spanish hogs that are pretty cool, and some radiatta lions, a lunare wrasse, a bicolor goat fish, and thats about it. The manger can get me anything i want. Oh yeah, they have a striped puffer, and a pork puffer. Could i add another fish? Thanks, bo
[ May 09, 2001: Message edited by: Grouperhead ]

pufferlover

The Puffs would get too big too fast but as you may recall my posts about Hogfish, I have really got to like them. They are active, don't get to big (6 to 8 as adults) don't take any bs from other fish and are hardy (that makes them sound like the ideal fish as I re read it but they are great). The Spanish is good looking also the coral and the diana's (diana is very aggressive tho must be last in I have found). Coral and Spanish more mellow fish. Cuban is very good looking but has rep for being hard to acclimate as it is a deep water fish in the wild.
[ May 09, 2001: Message edited by: Pufferlover ]

grouperhead

i looked at the spanish, and thought about them. really good looking fish. the cubans are beautiful too. i really want a grouper but that might not be able to happen :( . but i like lunares also. but heck, i might not even get anything else. later, bo

pufferlover

I have finally curbed my desire to own every fish I see at the store. After the last buying frenzy and the resulting disease out breaks I decided to sit back and relax. At the moment all but 1 tank is fine again and the one tank has the last fish I bought in lower salinity for a month due to (you guessed it) a ick outbreak. Almost every problem I had the last few months were new fish and not from just one store. I even set up qt tanks and the fish were fine till moved to new tank then bam. In my case most of my tanks have a lot of older fish and I think new ones just start stressing the old and new out so I am sitting tight and enjoying what I have (which is too many anyway).