Hmmmmm...

nm reef

...I haven't been posting much lately. Life takes some strange twists and turns at times.
But I have a new camera and I wanted to share some recent photos to see what y'all thought of the results.
First is a look at a mated pair of perculas that reside in a fairly large hammer coral. I love to watch them dart in and out...and the hammer appears no worse for the wear...doesn't even faze the coral in the least.

promisetbg

Originally Posted by NM reef
...I haven't been posting much lately. Life takes some strange twists and turns at times.
Yeah, what's up with that? I was going to post a thread asking if this place was just running on auto-pilot or what?
None of the mods hardly post anymore. Anyway...come on with the gorgeous photos! The first one is awesome!

nm reef

Personally....my life has seemed to be on auto pilot since January. Suffered a work injury and had shoulder surgury...sort of tilted my life a bit to say the least.
But...things are getting back on track and I intend to return to my normal self in time.
Glad to see you are still active...hows your slice of ocean doing?
...by the way...the new camera is a Canon 350D...I'm guessing the old G5 won't see much use now that I've finally got my hands on a digital SLR...only a 17-85mm lense for now.
Below is another recent photo...a rather large red brain wedged between some LR...not the best result but I liked it.

nm reef

Originally Posted by fishtanknewbie
NM Reef your tank rocks as always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually the above photos are not of "my" tank...mine is having a difficult time due to a hair algae problem...these photos are from the main display of my favorite LFS in Lubbock.
But the photos are mine....and thanks for the compliment.

nm reef

Another from the same display...the owner is a great guy and really maintains a sweet display.

bigarn

Believe me, I know first hand about life's little twists and turns ..... good to see you around and I hope everything works out for you.

promisetbg

Gorgeous..absolutely.That last one is breathtaking, is it a type of acanthastrea?
I am doing great, thanks for asking. Working out of my home and only partime at the shop is really paying off...my tanks have never looked better{lots of play time}
Sorry for your troubles and injury, I am glad to see you around too.Your photo skills have really honed over the years. I still have my G-5 and only occasionally get a so-so pic.

nm reef

Not a 6-pak yet....but it may end up being a sort of non-traditional 6 pak if I can find a few more.

nm reef

Originally Posted by bigarn
Believe me, I know first hand about life's little twists and turns ..... good to see you around and I hope everything works out for you.

The path isn't always pleasant but the journey overcomes all obstacles.

nm reef

Originally Posted by promisetbg
Gorgeous..absolutely.That last one is breathtaking, is it a type of acanthastrea?
I am doing great, thanks for asking. Working out of my home and only partime at the shop is really paying off...my tanks have never looked better{lots of play time}
Sorry for your troubles and injury, I am glad to see you around too.Your photo skills have really honed over the years. I still have my G-5 and only occasionally get a so-so pic.
Yup....the display has a very sweet selection of acans....I intend to snatch a few for myself as soon as I straighten out my own reef.
Thanks for the photography compliment.....I've really come to enjoy photography.

nm reef

This is my favorite from this shoot....this coral has been in this display for two years or more ...always catches my eye.

nm reef

Now I need one more for an official 6 pak.....give me a few and I'll see what I have left worth sharing.

unbreakabl

I knew i have seen that tank. I live in brownfied tx and i love that lfs. I only buy from that store. Are you talking about kyle. He is really a nice guy and he knows what he is talking about. He has a sweet tank.

nm reef

Originally Posted by Unbreakabl
I knew i have seen that tank. I live in brownfied tx and i love that lfs. I only buy from that store. Are you talking about kyle. He is really a nice guy and he knows what he is talking about. He has a sweet tank.
Yup...thats the place (Mr. Aquarium) and thats the guy (Kyle)....I've done business with him and his staff for several years now...great people in my opinion.

unbreakabl

All of them allison,kyle,trent. All of them and unlike most of lfs stores they actually tell you the truth and dont try to rip you off. When did you take those pics. I go there atleat 4 days out of the week. Where do you live? If you dont mind me asking.

nm reef

Originally Posted by Unbreakabl
All of them allison,kyle,trent. All of them and unlike most of lfs stores they actually tell you the truth and dont try to rip you off. When did you take those pics. I go there atleat 4 days out of the week. Where do you live? If you dont mind me asking.
I was there just today....had a doctors appointment and stopped in to pick up a few items....it was quiet and Kyle allowed me to take some shots. I'm in Clovis and stopped by Mr. Aquarium every chance I get.