HOB FUGE help

clownfishy

I am finally starting my salt water tank I bought a 46 gallon bow front about a year ago and have be resercing the basics since then. I have decided that i would like a fuge. I know that every one says a HOB is not the way to go and pretty much agree but I bought my tank before I researched and it has temperd glass so i can't drill it. So I was woundering where can i get a HOB fuge or how can i build one

malibu599

I also have a 46 gallon bowfront and was considering the following adding a refugium. I have looked at cpr hand ons they range from 12 -24 inch. And I have also considered adding a sump which will serve as a refugium with macroalgae. The sump will cost more though since I have to buy some kind of overflow and pump to return it. If anyone has any suggestions let us know. I only have about 11 X 20 to work with in my stand.

flatzboy

You don'y have to get your tank drilled, you can just get an overflow box. I got a custom made refugium of a guy you makes them on ---- and he can customize one for you any shape or size. Mine is 20''L,10''W, 15''T that is the biggest I could fit in the stand of my 46g. bow front. I had hime drill holes in each end so I could place my skimmer pump, and return pump externally therefore I would have more space in the refugium. It was $135 plus the return pump and overflow box. The sellers name is usa_aquarium just search for refugium and look for the 30'' pro refugium and click ask seler a question and tell him all the dimensions and bulkheads you want and he will make it.

flatzboy

An overflow is 2 boxes that hang on the side of your tank like a hot filter. There is 1 box sitting in the inside and 1 on the outside. They come with a u tube the that 1 end sits in the outside box and the other end sits in the inside box. The u tube siphions water from the inside box to the outside box then on the outside box there is a hole drilled in the bottom where the water go's threw and into your refugium. Go on ---- and type in overflow box and it will give you some pictures and prices. It's kind of hard to explain without pictures.

flatzboy

And I'm not sure what cpr stands for but its the name of a manufacturer that makes protein skimmers and refugiums.