Holly SWF.COM Figi LR!!!!!!!!!

deric203

Just received 45 pounds of lr from SWF.com................Amazing!!!! I feel like an idiot adding it to the 100 pounds of crap that I bought from other online people.
This stuff is great. Anyone can email me for information. I'll post photos soon.

1journeyman

Good to hear, and thanks for posting. Looking forward to pics. Sometimes it's hard to convince newcomers that this is a really good company to order from.

deric203

Now the question Journeyman. Scrub the rock before putting in my tank?...It looks great. has some sponge and other material on it. Tank is a 135g nothing but water, ls,lr.
Is this going to start my cycle over? (I can live with it)
Thanks for all the help. You are the first one that responded to my dumb questions about 6 weeks ago. Went with the dsb after your info. Your knowledge and a few others are going to pay off big in my tank.

1journeyman

Thanks. Glad I could help.
Yes, since the rock has die off (from shipping) it will start your cycle. That's a great way to do it. Keep an eye on your water and do water changes whenever your ammonia gets near 1ppm. Above that and the ammonia will start killing the bacteria you're trying to raise.
Once ammonia starts really falling feed the tank a bit of fish food every few days to provide food for the ammonia fixing bacteria.
Yes, scrub the rock off in a tub of saltwater. Most of the things you scrub off can come back. I use a new toothbrush for this. By scrubbing off the decaying matter you help keep your ammonia from spiking too high.

azfishgal

That's good to know, since I will probably be ordering my first batch of live rock from here, so it will help my new tank to cycle. Please post pics soon, I would love to see how it looks!

deric203

Yea......I let my amonia spike 7 days ago at 5.0. Blew it listening to others. 12 Days and no water change. Will do 20% tonight and another 20% Saturday.
Taking photos now, will post

fbm

Where the pictures? Very interested in pictures, if you get a chance please post.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Deric203
photobucket.com is not working....any other picture sites?
I use picturetrail.com

deric203

Photos are terrible. Ok.....OK.....the wife will take the next photos.......
Here is a photo of my tank. Rocks on the left are from SWF.com. On the right from other dealers. the color is not even comparable.

deric203

Paint blows!......This from one that thinks he knows everything and refuses to accept change....... :hilarious

deric203

$185.00/ 45-50 pounds delivered. The colored stuff is SWF 45#........The drab stuff is 100# at $500.00 plus $50.00 shipping.
SWF is the way to go by far.