Holy Caulastrea Batman!

paintballer768

I was thinking up a frag of some candy canes/trumpet. Just want to know if theres anything in particular I should know about these. They look really nice. How large do the individual heads get?

T

tizzo

Well that all depends on if they are happy healthy and fed...or not...
This coral...

and this coral...

Are the same coral. But the second pic is after many feedings.

T

tizzo

every one I purchased has been all shriveled up looking. You find better deals on the ones that look half dead. You just gotta know how to fix 'em!

paintballer768

Sounds really interesting actually. Im going to be trading for a head of some normal candy cane. Im excited :D. What did you just spot feed em a few times a week over a while?

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by paintballer768
http:///forum/post/2706532
Sounds really interesting actually. Im going to be trading for a head of some normal candy cane. Im excited :D. What did you just spot feed em a few times a week over a while?

What I do, and lemme stress "I", is...
If the coral is very healthy with nice feeder tenticle extension at night, then I spot feed him about once a week or 2, just whenever I feel like it.
But if it looks like it does above, then I take it out of the tank and feed it in a seperate bowl so there is no current and no competition for the food, but I will feed daily for about 5 days, then go to every other day and after about 2 weeks then he's healthy enough to be fed in the tank.

paintballer768

I did but that definitely gives me an idea of how to do it. Ill see how this frag looks when I get it, thatll determine alot.