Home Theater

denny80688

Anyone else into home theater? I guess thats my other big hobby... well that and car audio.. Ok so I have too many hobbies!!! Anyway Im looking to pick up a projector to replace my 60" big screen... any recommendations? or what do other people have for home theater setups?
currently:
Philips 60" TV
Onkyo 6.1 receiver 100wattsX6 dual room setup
Onkyo speakers and 150watt sub
Toshiba progressive scan DVD player
PS2
All lines run inside walls and speakers wall mounted.

nicky1.8t

i have a sony 36 inch flat screen witha 500 watt rca 5.1 dolby surround. and love it i want to get 6.1 and up to a 42 inch high def plasma

bergamer

42 inch plasma 1024x1024 hdtv
and I just bought a brand new hdtv dennon reciever (this one hurt bc these damn recievers go out of date in a few years)
300 disk sony carasel (cd/dvd)
and a 1 disk sony dvd player

denny80688

awesome. dennon makes some nice stuff. I like the new receivers they have that are network ready. You can stream audio and video from your PC. The other company that makes some killer sounding equipment is Shrwin Newcastle. Only problem is no one carrys it anywhere :rolleyes:

S

simm

I have a DENON reciever 7.1. DENON progressive scan DVD. Paradigm speakers and a 57" wide screen.

jal1639

Onkyo is good for the low price.
Denon makes some good stuff?? They make some GREAT stuff. Marantz is another "WOW" factor mfg. Bose = BLOWS!!

hagfish

I agree about Onkyo. I have an Onkyo 6.1 system and it sounds great. Wasn't as expensive as similar models from other brands either.

denny80688

thats what drew me to the onkyo. low price good power rating and many great reviews. Im also not a big fan of bose. I think they make an ok system at a decent price. But I dont think they live up to the hype. My company is a certified installer/reseller of Bose equipment but I would never try to sell it to a person looking for a killer theater system.

jon.316

65 sony widescreen hdtv
panasonic laser disk player
sony dvd player
sony vcr
harmon kardon cd player
carver pre-amp
166watt per channel x 6 channel carver 806 amp
pair of infinity overture 3's powered
pair of bose 8 series tower for surround....
pair of definitives cause i had 2 extra channels
basement:
pair of techniq mk3 turntables
cd j 1000 cd turntable
sony vdr700 headphones
pioneer 1000 headphones
tascam x9 mixer
alesis mk2 active studio speakers
harmond kardon reciver
pair of infinity towers
car???? yea i'm a big music fan
silverado extended cab actually
infinity kappa 4x6 and 5 1/4's
power punch (rockford phosgate) 800x4 channel amp
2 10 inch bx2 1000 watt subs pulled by 2 1000x1 punch amp
2 caps to help with the thump, and nice lil cross over to control
comes up to 2800 watts but actually tested for over 3000 watts....
btw...come out to YZGYZ.COM TO CHECK OUT SOME OF MY MUSIC
:jumping: :jumping:

jon.316

LOL U GUYZ GOT ME STARTED I FORGOT WHY I WAS POSTING LOL

When it comes to electronics...$ = quality usually...
i'd suggest powered speakers....well cause they're the best
i'd def go with onkyo, harmon kardon, or yamaha for bang for your buck when it comes to recievers and amps
video wise i'd stick with sony
audio...i'm a big harmon hardon fan
speakers.....inifinities defenitelly...unpowered cost and sounds about as good as top of the line bose...but high end infinities kick ass!

bergamer

video wise.atleast for plasma TV's, there are only 3 manufacters in the world. Then all the name brands like sony ect, put extra goodies on them and then slap on their label.
Also, out of these three companies, there is a ranking order ro how well made the TV's are, as Sony is on the 3rd ring.
but you can get a bang for your buck with sharp, as they are made by the top of the 3 (the best one) I can't remember the main name of th etop company, it could be panasomic. I will have to ask my buddy... but it was the company that first made them

badasstang

"TV" Infocus Ceiling mount projector
"SCREEN" 8' x 6' makes for 120" screen
Onkyo 7.1 receiver, pushing 6 speakers and 1 su
oofer for a total of 750 watts
Never use it though!

denny80688

which infocus projector do you have? I was looking at the 4805 or the 5700 but I am still leaning towrds the BenQ 6200.. infact have one sitting on my desk at work right now to take home and test...

badasstang

The projector is Model X1...trust me it is nothing fancy, but for video games and dvd's it suits me just fine, just cable/vhs isn't the clearest.

blueberryboomer

We just bought a 65in Mitubshi(sp)hdtv, we love it. We have a Yahama reciever and wouldn't trade it for anything, great quality. Lisa