Hoping for sugestion on a good book to read.

spruce

Hi Everyone,
I plan on putting a good marine reef book on my Christmas list. I was hoping to get some suggestions one. I would like something that talks about most all the topics we come across in this hobby and go in depth about them.
I have read The New Marine Aquarium by Michael Paletta, and was researching books and “The Reef Aquarium” by Julian Sprung looked good but I think it was about 5 years old?
Any really good books you guys know of?
Thanks,
Spruce

ekclark

Natural Reef Aquariums by John Tullock. I pull that one out more than any of the others. Not too expensive either (30 some odd dollars).

arkman

Im reading (based on suggestions form this board) "The consenious marine aquarist" by David Fenner. Very good so far, seems up to date. good overview, but not very indepth on critters.

jonthefb

get "The Modern Coral Reef Aquarium" series by Svein Fossa and Alf j. Nilsen. there are 4 volumes all together, but they are my bible. i have found more info in these four books than in the hundresd ive spent on other marine books. they are a little pricey, but you can find good deals on them on the net. email me if you need a site that has them for like 50 bucks a piece.
good luck
jon