Horn shark?

reeftank27

a big one lol it says a 300 for one and if you want 2 of them i would say at least a 500 or 600 and thats probably to small for an full grown adult so you would have to upgrade, i believe they get around 4 ft. i could be wrong.

reeftank27

in sharks and rays it says most horn sharks do not exceed 37.8 " and can weigh over 22lbs. They like colder water 55 to 70 degrees and i was wrong in the book it says they need a 240 gallon but people say that this book runs small on tank sizes so......

psusocr1

i would say 800-1000 gallons easily for two full grown horns if not bigger, and a MASSIVE chiller

S

surfinusa

i went to the monterey bay aquarium they say they can get to be 14 feet
:thinking:

jr2857

Originally Posted by surfinusa
i went to the monterey bay aquarium they say they can get to be 14 feet
:thinking:
that would be a nurse shark. or a scalloped hammerhead shark or tiger shark. and the list goes on and on

S

surfinusa

it was definetly a horn shark because they said and we got to pet them it was awsome :jumping:

jr2857

it must be a nurse because those guys are probably the only "nice" looking shark that grows 14ft. a horn will not even get half that size

aw2

No species of Horn Shark gets 14'.
The California Horn (Heterodontus fransisci) is the biggest, maxing out at 120cm (46.8").
For 2, I'd suggest nothing smaller than a 500gal. tank, in an irregular design (square or something like that).

reeftank27

surfin, you need to purchase sharks and rays it will help you with sizes and species so you dont give false information.