horseshoe crab

walleye

well i got up this morning and my 4 inch big eyed squirlfish was gone. was gone i think my horseshoe crab has eat it. there is nothing else in the tank that could have done it. anyone have any other ideas. thanks

blownz281

I would be shicked if your horseshoe crab ate it. unless it was sick or dieing they are to slow and not skilled enough to caught a fish. they eat dead,deing stuff,worms and other things in the sand. they aren't good for tanks as they don't last very long from not getting the right food sources.

walleye

i have had it for over 6 months. it is pretty big. here is a pic of it. i think it gets them while they are sleeping.

alyssia

Originally Posted by blownz281
http:///forum/post/2523261
I would be shicked if your horseshoe crab ate it. unless it was sick or dieing they are to slow and not skilled enough to caught a fish. they eat dead,deing stuff,worms and other things in the sand. they aren't good for tanks as they don't last very long from not getting the right food sources.
I believe they also need cool water tanks.

walleye

like i said i have had it for a long time. it comes out after i turn the lightout. i hve had 4 fish come up missing. never find anything of them. the only other thing in the tank is my shark and 2 eels.

crashbandicoot

Originally Posted by walleye
http:///forum/post/2523332
like i said i have had it for a long time. it comes out after i turn the lightout. i hve had 4 fish come up missing. never find anything of them. the only other thing in the tank is my shark and 2 eels.

Hmmm couldn't be the nocturnal preditory eels or sharks

walleye

my shark cant even eat 3 inch silver side without tearing it apart. my ghosteel couldnt get it in its mouth. my snowflake doesnt go after any fish.it follows my shark around to feed. here is a pic of the ghost eel. he couldnt do it.

i have 2 horseshoe crabs i got about a month ago one is about 3inches and the other is 2inch. the bigger one comes out every couple of days and i havent seen the smaller one since i got him. should i search through the sand to find it, if it's dead? also how do u feed yours. or does it find food that is left over? any other sugestions would be appreicated.

keri

It's not the crab, unless it was allready dead....it could be a combination of the shark, crab, And eel all eating it after it's dead tho.

walleye

it was fine when i went to bed. it ate some silver side and some flake food. my horse shoe crab eats silverside alge waffers and anything laying on the bottom. they go into the sand and i dont see my for days. eats what in the sand. i know where he is because all of a sudden bubbles come out of the sand.