Hosting

dstoneburg

I currently have a 21g tank with a few false perc clowns and 80watts of HO t-5's. Now im looking to add an either saebae anemone or a white saebae anemone or Bulb Anemone . Is the lighting sufficient? Which is easier to care for? TIA.

patandlace

How many is a few? I would only keep them in pairs. Could cause problems down the road. Your lighting is sufficient. I would go with the BTA.

jtrzerocool

your lighting is sufficient for an anemone...MH is preferable but t-5 is sufficient...the only problem is that(with the proper conditions) your BTA or any anemone will outgrow a 21g...you may also have a difficult time keeping your parameters in check for an anemone...they need excelent water quality...

shrimpi

have you considered a anemone- imposter? aka getting something besides an anemone for the same task ?

lizzy

What are some of the other corals that clowns will host? I know DeMartini has a couple of clowns that host a frogspawn. But are there more corals that clowns might host?

dstoneburg

I actually have three clowns. They came from a local breeder and were bred and raised together. Been together for a long time. I would like to keep the fallowing...
Corals...
Candycane
Frogspawn
Ricordia
Zoas
Sun Coral
Torch
Hammer
What kind of lookalike would you suggest? I really would like something they would host that looks cool.