Hot magnum problem

wicked_clown

I just bought a Hot magnum by marineland..The problem im having is this pump is putting air bubbles into my tank.Is there a break in period for this pump? if so how long..I was told that it could be an air leak in the pump somewhere but i have inspected the pump all the seals are fine.As it should be in a new pump lol.

miner

It probably is just fine. I also have the very same one. At first it put out a lot of bubbles, but with-in one day, all was fine. I think the filters have a lot of air in them at first.
Hope this helps You out. I love mine.
marym1@peoplepc.com

fishfreek

I've had one of these for about a year. It should emit tiny bubbles for about five minutes after start up. If it does it any longer, you have a problem with a gasket not being seated properly. I currently am having a problem with mine that is really driving me NUTS! It will periodocly blast out micro bubbles about once every 1/2 hour. I've tared this thing apart like five times to check all gaskets, all look fine and are seated properly. "O" ringand "D" rings both look fine. Anyone else who owns one of these things having the same problems? :eek:

wicked_clown

Well its been 2 days now and the friggin thing is still pouring bubbles into my tank.Ive tried the same...tearing it down and checking the seals on it with no luck..Like fish freak said its not constant but does occur about every half hour or so.
Thanks for your replies.Il have to keep messing with it and see what happens..Or just take it back and get another one.

josh

I have a magnum as well, the only other thing I could suggest is cleaning the uptake with that plastic pipe cleaner deal you get with it. You might be getting a partial vacuum, which would give you the bubbles. Maybe try emailing the company or giving them a call to see what the "offical" responce would be. I would interested to see what they say. Good luck!