House fire cause half my tank to die and...

jla9508

Well I was at the beach and there was a grease fire in my kitchen. The fire department turned the air conditioner off because it was blowing the smoke into every room in the house. When I got home the tank temp. was around 95. I found the remains of my three porcelain crabs and all of my snails. I also had two cleaner shrimp that have disappered without a trace. Algae has taken over my tank. The insurance company paid someone to come out and clean the tank but will not give me any monney for the things that died. The lady cleaned the glass and the power heads. Now I have this dark purple/red filmy algae, black filmy algae and green hair like algae growing on my live rock and sand. Is this good or bad? What do I do to get rid of it?

bang guy

WOW... I'm really sorry for your loss :(
The algae is probably the result of excess nutrients from an ammonia spike and will probably go away on its own. No harm in siphoning out the red slime though.
If you send me your address I'll send you some Stomatella snails to help you clean up the rest of the algae.
Guy

jla9508

I would really appreciate that, post your e-mail address and I will send your my address or e-mail me at BadAzz95Stang@cs.com
Thanks

M

mr.tang

What did she clean your tank with? Just make sure it is well rinsed out if she used any store bought chemicals to do the cleaning. This could be a possible source of the algae. Sorry to hear your loss :(
Tang

bang guy

Originally posted by JLA9508:
<strong>I would really appreciate that, post your e-mail address and I will send your my address or e-mail me at BadAzz95Stang@cs.com
</strong><hr></blockquote>
You got mail