house hunt

jennythebugg

give me your opinion on this one, i am quite handy so a fixer upper is right up my ally i am looking for something older and i think its really charming it is a move - about 8 hours away from here close to oklahoma as a matter of fact but theres more than enough bedrooms and enough yard to keep us entertained for a while , i have a couple more on my list to visit cause i am going this weekend.
http://www.unitedcountry.com/Search0...1240&AU=N&FT=P

reefraff

Seems like a killer deal. I'd get an inspection just to make sure there isn't a big ticket item in need of attention. I'd kill for that place.

jennythebugg

alot of really great old houses in that area are selling for cheap. im leaving friday to go check it out im also looking at a farm in clarksville this weekend its in worse shape but hey i love a challenge
http://www.impactrealtyonline.com/li...E8A7B999.shtml
the agent said a branch from the pecan tree fell and damaged a small portion of the roof and that the sellers are very very willing to entertain any offer , it comes with a good chunk of really great land so thats why its staying on the list and it has personality - i love old houses!

reefraff

Gads, is that in the middle of a abandoned toxic waste dump or what? What's the job situation like around there.

lovethesea

I love it!!
I love the glass book cases, glass doors, But get a really good inspection for an OLDER home. Does Texas have termites? There is a lot of wood on the ********. The stair case looks awesome. Hopefully just some good clean up and TLC. The roof is OK? No leaking? We sold my grandmas 128 year old home. I miss the claw foot tub
it had IRON pipes...yes iron. Very little water pressure to 2nd story. A few electrical problems, but quickly fixed. (they had the REALLY cool light switches that looked like 2 buttons). My gma's house had a really cool attic, but we found some unfriendly renters. (many wasps nest, occupied and unoccupied)
also check the HVAC. All of this stuff stinks, but once you land on one it will be great.

al mc

For that price you could gut/upgrade the entire inside and still spend above 1/4 of what you would for a house in my area. Good luck!

jennythebugg

haha p@ris texas is a drive from clarksville, but i have a few houses in p@ris im gonna look at too. ive been trying to put a link to this one in particular thats in p@ris but i cant get a working link to it. with the sale of the family house in the hood in odessa (had an offer for it by an investor) and that would pay almost entirely for house # 1
oh and p@ris texas has 3 fortune 500 companies (campbells soup for one)and has one of the best( most stable) economies in america right now ,at least thats what i read a few weeks ago

reefraff

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
http:///forum/post/2759089
haha p@ris texas is a drive from clarksville, but i have a few houses in p@ris im gonna look at too. ive been trying to put a link to this one in particular thats in p@ris but i cant get a working link to it. with the sale of the family house in the hood in odessa (had an offer for it by an investor) and that would pay almost entirely for house # 1
oh and p@ris texas has 3 fortune 500 companies (campbells soup for one)and has one of the best( most stable) economies in america right now ,at least thats what i read a few weeks ago
Yeah but it is still Texas

jennythebugg

I love texas! my only problem with it has been the heat because i live in the desert...i hate the desert... there is water in that area theres lakes and rivers close by and ....shhh guess what....they have trees there too
!

demartini

wow! so cheap.... maybe it's HAUNTED! hehe jk
I think it's a pretty cool house with a lot of charm, but it does need a ton of TLC.

dragonzim

That looks like a GREAT house, especially at that price! I do agree with everyone else here and get it inspected though.
That house would cost somewhere around a million in my neck of the woods.

spiderwoman

I really like the first one. It has old world charm and character, it's in town and you don't have a huge yard to take care of. Easy to get rid of later when you decide to sell. Houses on large lots are always harder to sell unless you sell part of the land to a developer or something.

keri

wow - 68K? you couldn't even buy Half of a trailer here for that!!
If you like renos then yeah, that's a heck of a deal! It's a pretty house, but if you buy it pls replace the chain-link fence out front, that's losing you 90% of your curb appeal right there!
Pretty neat inside....hows the plumbing?

aquaknight

http:///forum/post/2759065
alot of really great old houses in that area are selling for cheap. im leaving friday to go check it out im also looking at a farm in clarksville this weekend its in worse shape but hey i love a challenge
http://www.impactrealtyonline.com/li...E8A7B999.shtml
the agent said a branch from the pecan tree fell and damaged a small portion of the roof and that the sellers are very very willing to entertain any offer , it comes with a good chunk of really great land so thats why its staying on the list and it has personality - i love old houses!

That one is actually haunted!!!
Historic Farm House in Clarksville, Texas with 10 acres of rolling pasture with mature oak trees and fenced for your cattle and or horses. Rumor and Folklore say that is farm house is haunted.
Home has 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, formal living, dining, family room, kitchen has pantry, hardwood floors, beautiful stair case, home is a fixer upper. Priced below county tax value. Owner is motivated. Make offer.

jdl

http:///forum/post/2759047
give me your opinion on this one, i am quite handy so a fixer upper is right up my ally i am looking for something older and i think its really charming it is a move - about 8 hours away from here close to oklahoma as a matter of fact but theres more than enough bedrooms and enough yard to keep us entertained for a while , i have a couple more on my list to visit cause i am going this weekend.
http://www.unitedcountry.com/Search0...1240&AU=N&FT=P
just a word of caution when buying older homes..... the doorways and windows are usually small, not a standard door/window size of modern homes. This makes things very difficult to get in/out of your house and even remodel.
also check out the electric wiring. You could have a fire hazard just waiting to happen

jennythebugg

yeah my trip this weekend is to 'kick the tires' is my own 'eyeball inspection' is good im gonna go ahead with the process and get it inspected and if its not too bad then ill think about getting it - if its haunted yay tobin will have friends to play with cause he's been followin me as it is. the only thing that im really concerned with being alright on the inpection is the foundation and the actual land itself needs to be problem free ,the rest i can handle on my own , ive never done foundation work and thats bound to be tricky lol

stdreb27

The reason for the price is that there is NOTHING up there. But then again there is NOTHING in Abiline either... It is small town texas at its best.