How big of an aquarium in a high rise

superh

I'm dreaming about that 210g one day and was wondering what the maximum tank size you could safely keep in a modern high rise is (concrete slab floors)? I tried contacting my property manager, but she doesn't know the answer. My LFS told me that I could use a 210g no problem, but I don't know if they may just want to sell me a tank and don't really know.
Anybody?

moraym

Check w/ your insurance company as well. Mine limited the size my aquarium could be on a non-ground floor. Don't want to lose your insurance (renters or home) coverage due to an aquarium.

superh

Originally Posted by MorayM
Check w/ your insurance company as well. Mine limited the size my aquarium could be on a non-ground floor. Don't want to lose your insurance (renters or home) coverage due to an aquarium.
Good idea, I will check. What was your size limited to? I currently have a 75g. Hope that's not too big. :thinking:

superh

Looks like I'm ok. I posted this in another forum and some dude had a 150gallon on the 18th floor of his place with no structural problems. Unfortunately for him, a hose fitting popped off one morning and pumped ~80 gallons onto the floor.