How can I increase the color of my button polyps?

fizztech

I have a huge colony of brown polyps and recently invested in some yellow and orange polyps. At the LFS they were bright and in my tank with 2 96w pc’s a 10k and an actinic, they are still bright but just not as bright. Anyways any story or methods of reviving the zoo’s to there full potential would be greatly appreciated.

dima96

i don't really care for the look of 50/50 pc, but i prefer the look the uri super actinic vho bulbs to anything i've seen. but anyway adding actinic will help the color. even a bunch of blue leds may help in a small tank without mh lighting.

fender

All of my ugly brown zoos and moon polyps have turned nice shades of flouresent green with moving from a 6500k MH to a 10k MH. From what I have read and IME , intense (but not too intense) bluer lighting will bring out more color. My other zoos look very cool under the 10k, but at night under the blue LED they are awesome - brightest colors - unbelievable flourescence. I am getting my URI VHO Super actinics fired up this weekend and hope the color improves further while the MH is on.

fizztech

anything you can do besides lighting. also i read somewhere that corals like 6500k better than 10000k?

skirrby

they like 6500k better for growth i think.. the sun is 6500k if i remember right but dont quote me on that