How Cool!

Last week I was feeding my 12 gal reef tank. I noticed what I THOUGHT was some sort of worm. It was coming out of the live rock. It was not much thicker than a thread and striped. I didn't think much about it.
A few days later I notice the worm again, only this time there are 3 or 4 worms coming out of the same hole. I watched and watched when suddenly a baby striped brittle star come out and quickly darted into a nearby hole. HOW COOL!
So... today I fed my tank and kept a close eye on it. Suddenly I see the arms appear again. But then I see more arms on the other side of this big rock (it's the biggest rock in my tank)! Then I see more and more and look closer. Apparently I got a rock that is FULLY LOADED with these brittle stars! I've seen about 5 at the same time, so I know I'm not seeing the same star over and over.
I looked on this site, but didn't see a brittle that was striped. Does anyone know what type this would be?
How quickly do they grow? How many can I have in my 12 gallon tank? If I saw 5, how many do you think I might have? How many are born in a batch?
I really lucked out on the live rock I got from my LFS. I've had the greatest hitchhikers such as a Powder Blue Porcelian Crab, a Hawaiian Red Anemone, and now all these brittle stars.
If anyone can give me any info regarding these cool little creatures. I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'm very excited!

I think I'll put this in the "Hitchhikers" thread too.
All info is greatly appreciated!

nw2salt08

My guess is that you have MINI brittle stars. I have them in my tank and they don't get very big at all. They're about 1 inch total. I don't know how fast they reproduce but they sure are neat. They are very good for your tank as they take care of detritus. Good find!

nw2salt08

It is a special find. I didn't get mine in my rock when I bought it. I had to buy them later and put them in my tank. So I consider that a special find. lol