how did you get your mandarin to feed on somthing other than pods

@

how did you get your mandarin to feed on somthing other than pods. live brine, frozen, flakes, etc.

brian'sreef

you can't really make them eat flake or frozen food.. some people just happen to have a mandarin that has no problem eating prepared foods but by nature these animals are live feeders and for the most part that's all that they will eat.. so really like i said there's no way to MAKE them eat prepared foods.. maybe if you shouted at it enough it would but i doubt it..
EAT IT!!!
Brian

maryc137

Back when I had a FO tank I tried a mandarin twice. Both times, they would eat other things such as brine shrimp, but they still wasted away, got skinny and died. I didn't know what it was they needed to eat. Now that I know they need pods, I'm going to wait til my current tank has been running for maybe 1 year and then I might try another one. Just wanted to let you know that mine did eat other things, but still wasted away and died. Just didn't get them the right nutrients.

lerch

If you can get one to feed on brine or something else then come by Oklahoma some time and I will buy you a 12-pack because every mandarin I have ever had will not touch anything but pods, and the last one I had I only saw him when I put him in the tank and after that he disapeared neve to be seen again.

chicki1957

I guess I just lucked out. Mine is getting fat on mysid shrimp. He was only about a inch long when I got him, so I think since he was such a baby, that maybe he took to it easier???