How Do I Change A 55g Tank Into A Sump?

philgmiami

IM GETN MY 180G TANK THIS SAT.. I WANT TO CHANGE MY OLD 55G INTO A SUMP... THE WET-DRY BIO SYSTEM I HAVE NOW.. ONLY DOES UP TO A 110 GALLON.. IM SURE ILL BE OK WITH THIS SYSTEM IN MY 180G FOR A LIL WHILE WITH ONLY 5 FISH..
DOES ANYONE HAVE LIKE A 1ST GRADE LEVEL ON STEP BY STEP HOW TO DO WITH DIAGRAMS, POSSIBLY PICS?
IM ALSO WONDERING WHAT IM GOING TO DO WITH MY LIGHTING FROM MY 55(260W PC 2-65W DAYLIGHT AND 2- 65W ACTINIC WITH FANS AND MOON BEAMS.... MYBE PUT IT ON TOP OF THE SUMP? :notsure:
HERES THE LINK TO MY PICS OF THE 180 IM GETN SAT AND PICS OF MY NOW 55G
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=186048

jasenhicks

What you will probably want to do is turn it into a sump/fuge combo. Id recommend looking up Melev's Reef on google and doing a similar setup as his Model F. I have a custom acrylic sump that bchbum built me that is modeled after it, and i love it... very nice. Then just in the fuge stock up with reef rubble and chaeto algea and enjoy. If you can use your PCs under the stand i would use them over the fuge, maybe only 2 of them or even just one is more than enough.

philgmiami

Originally Posted by JasenHicks
What you will probably want to do is turn it into a sump/fuge combo. Id recommend looking up Melev's Reef on google and doing a similar setup as his Model F. I have a custom acrylic sump that bchbum built me that is modeled after it, and i love it... very nice. Then just in the fuge stock up with reef rubble and chaeto algea and enjoy. If you can use your PCs under the stand i would use them over the fuge, maybe only 2 of them or even just one is more than enough.
thank you,, so the 260w pc will be over kill for the fuge?..i dont want to take it all appart, its only 5 months old.. should i just get a different light? and what kind and size?.. i might just sell the 260w pc and get some new things for my tank.. mybe some cool corals