How do i do this.....? and wat works here?

whaa...?

ok wat should i do for my tank im thinkin bout gettin a 55 gallon set from walmart and getting it running with live sand only and build onto that with live rock but should i do that
and i really like snowflake morays but can one fit into my list of fish?
common clown(percula)
royal gramma
yellow tang
emerald crabs
blue legged hermits(10)
fire shrimp
blue spiny lobster
and purple nudibranch
also wat in there would ruin the whole list(killing,eating,etc.)
:scared:

whaa...?

i think ur a new hobbyist arnt u just like me well anyway ive studied alot before buying and i no that it doesnt eat all in its sight in fact its the smallest eel u can get for salt aquariums

mudplayerx

My experience is limited, yes.... but my knowledge from reading material is quite extensive. Eels will eat whatever they can catch, regardless of what you may have heard.

whaa...?

most of those fish are bigger than the eels mouth and he wont eat them and well it stops there i admit he will eat them if he doesnt get
A. used to a feeding rod
B. get huge cause all them other fish will stop growing and he will still thrive
but i want an expert with at least a year of reef expirence or a situation like mine:mad: :help:

oceana

well i have over a year like you want but like said above a snowflake CAN eat things like that clown
not saying it will but i would put my money on the eel
the other problems are
the yellow tang is way to big for a 55
the nudibranch will end up dead as well in most cases. hard to care for
the rest seems good

if you can find a small eel, it might work. but eventually it will get big and eat the fish. but it is all up to you if you want one, just make sure to get a small one.

whaa...?

:thinking: hmmmmmmmm sounds good i think ill hold off on the eel and the tang was a maybe but can a cleaning crew go in as early as the damsels?

oceana

well a cleaning crew needs something to clean.
but depending on how much live rock you use at first it should be ok as long at you toss in some extra food for them.
btw that lobster also is not considered reef safe and will bother some inverts

whaa...?

well its a vorcocious algae eater as it says in swf.com inverts so i thought it would be nice addition to my tank
as for my nudibracnch u got any care tips i wanna take a crack at raising one (unless i dont get enough tips then no i wont try)
cause i think they are cool

oceana

also this opinion varys BUT i'll say it anyhow
why not use cocktail shrimp to cycle your tank. i know its not veyr interesting but it works and you wont be forcing the fish to endure the cycle. i know they can handel it but think of it like this.
you can breath radio active air and live through it but ya would not do it on purpose would ya ??
ok so thats an extreem example but you get the point

whaa...?

yea i suppose but still i think after i learn how to take pics then i will post some pics of my 55 gallon wit live sand and eventually live rock

oceana

gl to ya keep with it and take your time . do LOTS of reading
Before you know it you will have a full blown reef
ANd a empty pocket lol
BEFORE PIC

mudplayerx

I agree, very nice tank. How much money do you think you have invested in it? Not including hardware.... just livestock and live rock.

oceana

hard to say it was all over time 30 bucks here 60 bucks there
i would guess around 1000 in live stock
couple hundred in sand
another few houndred in rocks
all included i would say its around and above the 2200 mark.
not that much really when you consider the enjoyment we get out of our tanks.
if i include EVERYTHING tank/lights/equipment/deaths/upkeep :nervous:
lets just say i would rather not think about that lol:scared:
but over time it seems like less. never ending proccess IMO
the key is NEVER add it all up, and if you do NEVER do it when your wife is in the room lol

jacknjill

now im not speaking from experience, but i read somewhere on here that walmart tanks were cheap and will leak easily. so you might want to spend a little bit more on a name brand tank.
about the yellow tang. i have one in my 55 and i personally see no problem with it. its been there for about a year in a half or more and he is perfectly happy. many people will disagree with me but i think it is fine.