How do I kill colonial hydroids?

pleasants9

yeah i boiled my rock that had them, but then all the little clams that were on my live rock died and the rock stinks now so i have it sitting in a seperate bowl of tank water. how long should i wait before putting it back in the tank?

mr.clownfish

Originally Posted by pleasants9
http:///forum/post/2930329
yeah i boiled my rock that had them, but then all the little clams that were on my live rock died and the rock stinks now so i have it sitting in a seperate bowl of tank water. how long should i wait before putting it back in the tank?
i would boil that one more time then wash it off with cold water for a good 10 mins.

spanko

I used a turkey baster and put a little on them to see what they did. Then another little and another and so on until they looked well boiled. Not too much that it gets all over the place. Try to be pin point in your accuracy. Not gonna be but try to be. It will be okay. Make sure you use RO or Distilled, not tap.

anjiro

Dont know how well your tank is stocked. but you can tank out all livestock and place in qt, leave tank at 95 for three days and replace live stock. Leave lr and ls in tank. FW dip everything that comes out for a good 2 mins. I got rid of mine this way