How do I obtain RODI?

djian

Been using tap water, but from everything Ive read, it doesnt sound to good. Where do you get RODI water or how do you transform tap into it?

malounsbury

Some say you can get the RO/DI from your LFS, or you can get a unit from ---- for around $100-150, which would be your best option considering the price of the other options would far exceed that.

malounsbury

Here is some information on RO and RO/DI water:
Reverse osmosis (RO) water: This is an excellent water source for use in a SWA. It has no ammonia, nitrates, chlorines or chloramines, and it generally has a very low phosphate count if any. It can be purchased premade from many places including the LFS, some grocery stores (the bulk water stands by culligan are RO filters), and home RO units can be purchased for relatively little cost over the long term.
De-Ionized water: This is another filtration step in the process or reverse osmosis. The water passes over a special resin that removes virtually all impurities of the water. This is the BEST water source available to the home hobbiest. RO/DI filters can also be purchased for a relatively little amount of money when considering the long term.

C

capschamp

Originally posted by malounsbury
Some say you can get the RO/DI from your LFS, or you can get a unit from ---- for around $100-150, which would be your best option considering the price of the other options would far exceed that.

i just purchased one off that well known auction site and it cost 108 shipped. rated at 110 gpd.

thederek

Now I'm not sure if this is the right stuff or if its a good idea, but a lot of bottled water, including Sams Choice which you can get at WalMart for cheap, usually says that its RO/DI...Dunno if maybe there is other stuff in it that might make it tank unfriendly, but seems like it shouldnt be..

C

capschamp

Originally posted by malounsbury
Caps, which one did you purchase?

do search on that site for 4333413328
if that doesnt work let me know.

cubuffs

I own that system, and it is wonderful. The technical support that is provided was excellent as well. I would recommend this product to everyone because RO's can be quite costly.

malounsbury

Cubuffs, thanks for the review. I've been checking out some systems on "that auction site" and I'm just waiting until I have the cash for it. Good to hear they sell quality stuff.

C

capschamp

Originally posted by cubuffs
I own that system, and it is wonderful. The technical support that is provided was excellent as well. I would recommend this product to everyone because RO's can be quite costly.

that makes me happy to hear. hope i have the same experience.

jlem

Most supermarkets have the GLACIER water machines in front of them. The water cost about 25-35 cents a gallon and it is really good filtered water. They are RO/DI/UV/MICRON/CARBON and them some filtered. I have used them for the last couple years.

ohioreef

I'm glad to hear good things about that seller on that auction site. I've been eyeing one of their systems for awhile. Price is great!!