How do i save these Corals

sthlts

I have new live rock in my tank and it can with some great growth on it. Is there a way to save any of these guys?

maxalmon

Are you asking about the leptastrea or the sponge? Really all you can do is keep the water qulaity in check and give it some to see if they survive.

sthlts

I keep doing water changes but the ammonis is still 2-3 ppm i cant seem to get it to safe levels....any thoughts

maxalmon

whats the size of the tank, how much LR and is any of it fully cured? What test kits are you using?

sthlts

Its a 150 with a 30 sump the LR is 2 weeks old I have 350 lbs in the tank Im using a redsea marine lab test kit

-tara33-

with only being two weeks old you have to let the cycle run its course wait until the ammonia declines by itself and when you get to nitrites are zero then nitrates then i would worry about saving the corals as soon as you see the nitrates then do the water changes and keep the alk and calcium at a good level then the corals may come good.

candycane

There's several of products that can be used to "de-toxify" the chemicals while the corals hopefully stay alive. Beneficial bacteria should still grow with any of them; plus there's always the upside of the coral not passing. Bio-Spira (?), Seachem Prime, and Cycle are just 3 of them.