How do i take a shroom off a rock?

fishyapol

So i have this big rock that started with about 3 red 1 blue mushrooms and i added 1 green shroom.... about 3 months later it exploded with all 3 shrooms.. so now as you can see there are 3 green ones and they are getting way too big.. i want to keep the 1 on the left but the other 2 to the right of it i want to take off.. how can i take them off the rock without having to remove the rock out of the aquarium??

hunt

you can frag it. Just cut it off the rock and put it in a container with sand or rock rubble and it will eventually attach to the contents and you can then put it where you want in the tank or get rid of it

gill again68

I guess the big question is can you get to it without removing the rock? They will detach pretty easy. Just peel them away from the rock.

I use little sharp scissors. I lift the rock to the light so I can see, then cut the head off the stalk. The stalk will eventually grow a new head, so don't worry. With the head, I put it in a plastic container full of crushed coral so it would attach. After I put it in the container, I add a nylon net (Like the one that comes with oranges) over the container with a rubber band. Just leave it there for a couple of days, then when it attaches you can move it where ever you want.