How do u feed anemones?

hiddenicon

i know that u feed them shrimp, but do u feed them dead supermarket shrimp or something else and when the anemone is in the tank, how do u put the shrimp in so it will eat it?

T

thomas712

Can be raw or cooked cocktail shrimp, cut up fine, feed by hand, turkey baster, aquarium claw or tongs, clean(new) childs medicine dropper with large opening.
Just watch your fingers if there are clowns present, they will protect the anemone from your hand, believe me they will.
I feed mysis shrimp, frozen plankton, krill, silversides, and have from time to time fed cyclopeeze
Thomas

unknown

I just drop a few pieces of squid in the tenticals and the anemone grabs it and pulls the stuff in.
Vince.:happyfish

T

thomas712

Well yeah just about, like was said if you just put it on his tenticals then it will bring it to the mouth. However if you have any theiving shrimp in the tank its best to feed them first and then try to get the food close to the mouth of the anemone so that it has a chance to devour it before the scavangers come over to see if they can steal it.
Thomas

whiner2

just curious....how much of the shrimp do you feed it? the whole thing? or half? 1/4 piece? or just as much as it will eat?