How do you contact?/??

mandarin w

How do you contact an administrator, I'm getting tired of these darn ---- hobbist freaks posting on here. Then I try to notify the mods, but I find now way to notify them. Isn't there a button somewhere that I am not finding, some kind of report this thread, whatever.
This is really getting me ticked off. Don't these people realize that not everyone is a sick and demented as them.
And if I wanted to look at that junk, I would find my way to their sick site. Some times my 13 year old son come on here to look at the fish. What if he ran across these threads. My blocker probly wouldn't work because we are on a unblocked site. What about smaller kids? This has got to stop.

Sorry, done venting now.

dragonzim

There is a little exclamation point icon at the top right corner of every post. This is to report a bad post to a moderator.
I also think the mods do a great job of getting rid of that junk quickly.

hatessushi

It is a pretty sick thing when a person has nothing better to do then seek out forums they can create an account on and then post whatever they want. If this sites admin would get the detailed information from the computers of each member when they sign up then these perverts can be tracked down and prosecuted. By detailed information I mean the ip address and domain address. Also the NIC mac address would help. If anything then htese can be blocked from this server.

mandarin w

I'm not saying that the mods aren't on the ball, and they do get them off quickly, as soon as they realize they are on here. But if there are on long enough for some of us to see them, then they may end up being on long enough for a child to see them and the is way to long in my book. And I am not saying it is the mods fault, it is the sicko's that are at total fault. They need to keep their hobby to themselves. I don't go on ---- sites posting pictures of my fish tank telling them to look at that. I believe they would get highly ticked off if someone kept going on there sites and posting about the sins of ----. and that they will go to hell for posting such crap. Bothering their members.

hatessushi

I believe the way this site is setup that anyone can make an account and then post whatever they want. If the site were setup to require valid information that can be verified before they are able to post and a bit of a waiting time then many of these perverts will not even bother with it. Also during that time they are setting up the account information can be pulled from their computer that includes ip address, and domain. By knowing what ISP they are using would give this site information that they could relay to the perverts ISP and their account can get dropped for terms misuse.

bang guy

Feel free to user the "Report Bad Post" button on any questionable posts. This button is the triangular sign in the upper right of every post with the exclamation point.
All of the moderators for that forum will be notified.

fbm

This is just a fact of life that happens...I am not happy about it either but no need to get up set about it. This is also why I don't allow computers in my children's rooms either. I always supervise them when they are on the computer no matter what they are doing. I don't constantly watch them but I am always near and always peak at what they are doing.

mandarin w

Originally Posted by fbm
This is just a fact of life that happens...I am not happy about it either but no need to get up set about it. This is also why I don't allow computers in my children's rooms either. I always supervise them when they are on the computer no matter what they are doing. I don't constantly watch them but I am always near and always peak at what they are doing.
You say that willy nilly, like the rest of us don't watch our kids while they are on the computor. But it only take a second for them to hit that thread. And in your own words, I don't constantly watch them but I am alsways near and always peak at what they are doing.
That is my point exactly. When you allow your children on a site that is like this, a Safe site. That you wouldn't think would have this crap on it. It only take a second for the child to push a thread as I did and there it is, larger than life,

[hr]

[hr]
doing a digusting act with three guys. If only a second. That could have been the second you were looking away. And an image your child is expossed to. It may be a fact of life in this day and age. But it is something that should never happen.
As I said before, I am not blaming the mods, they are doing the best they can. But there needs to be a better way, to make sure this doesn't happen.
By the way, my computor is in my room. I don't allow a computor in my son's room either,

ophiura

Couple of thing, as this is a growing peeve of mine too, believe me.
1) It serves NO PURPOSE to reply to a spam thread with "get this off" or something like that. And invariably it happens every time. It simply bounces that right back to the top of the list.
2) We try and remove this stuff as soon as possible. It is through the help of people hitting the "report bad post" feature that it is done. We can not be everywhere at once...but the members can. We need your help to do this.
3) This is becoming the norm on sites. It gets through some of the toughest filters. It may not even be someone hanging out creating accounts. I imagine some are fancy enough that they can do it automatically.
Yes, it is disgusting. Believe it or not we have also had some former members purposefully posting such garbage on this board and then people wonder and complain why they were banned.

We keep track and try to ban these posters, but you know what? It is futile...because they don't bother posting a second time. We can delete the thread for sure but it is not so easy as just banning certain users. They don't really exist.