How do you feed your corals?

scotty37

I just got a sun coral and have found that once its open, I will have to spot feed it. I was wondering... how exactly do I do this, what will I need, and which forms of cyclopeez do you use? I see there are wafers, frozen, freeze dried, and plankton forms of it. Also, how much do you use in a feeding?

reefkprz

IMO if your going to feed cyclopeeze use live or frozen you get more for your money, bottled in plankton form is a waste you pay for mostly water.

keith burn

One thing i do, if you have a 2L bottle cut the ends off and put over the corals you need to feed and all of the food will stay put.

rot_stupid

I assume most people spot feed their corals, but does anyone just put the coral food in the water column and let the current just take it to the corals?

nordy

I also do spot feeding of my corals about once a week but due to the filtration I have (wet/dry sump and canister) I turn off my filters and circulators to avoid removing the food from the water column, allow for more precise targeting of corals, and not having to put a lot of food in the tank at once.
Reefkprz, I read your thread linked above and didn't see any reference to using phytoplankton mixes like DT's-does the clycopeeze and other meaty foods mentioned in your thread take the place of phytoplankton?
Don't mean to hijack, but this seems relevant. Thanks