how do you keep your overflow box from slurping?

clintjj

did you pipe it with pvc? If you did, you can go to ace hardware and buy a package of the sump hose( it's a black hose comes in 25' sections) and replace the pvc is the only way i found to really stop it.

bkvreef

Originally Posted by renogaw
do a search on durso stand pipes. (i think that's the name)
If I remember correctly it's not durso (they have the elbow at the top), they won't fit in an overflow box.
Do a search on the DIY forum for stand pipes and there are several references and pictures.
I did mine and with a couple minor modifications it's been great!
If you can buy PVC and drill/cut it you can do it!
good luck

kayak385

My tank was making noises that sounded like flushing a toilet after a big fart. So all i did was add some filter sponge over the top of the overflow hole and now its quiet.
I'll post a pic soon!

turningtim

You will have to see if a durso will fit. If not try a stockman or gurgle buster both can be found by google or here (search).
Heres a pic of durso design.....

Is it just slurping or is the water level in the overflow fluctuating? I built one of the Durso pipe Tim was talking about and int works well but I initially had problems with the water level fluctuating in my overflow box. I found out that I was trying to turn over too much water so I had to down size my pump and when you build the pipe make sure that you start small drilling the hole in the cap and go bigger if you need to till you find the right size. Is that a run on sentence?