how do you save and print a still shot from a video on Windows Media Player?

stdreb27

Just hit print screen. At the moment you want to capture, then open up paint, and paste the image into paint. (that is the easy cheap way.)

zman1

That is one way - if you have the mpeg, avi, or wmv file, you could bring it into windows movie maker and screen shot it there. If it is auto downloaded from the web page you can go to - Tools, internet options, general tab - Settings under browser history, then find the file/s and copy it to another location . Then edit it with Movie Maker.
If it is a FLASH file- like YouTube, then pause the video and screen print like Streb said. This is the easiest for flash, but less control if you have true access to AVI, MPEG, or WMV file...

stdreb27

Originally Posted by zman1
http:///forum/post/3137591
That is one way - if you have the mpeg, avi, or wmv file, you could bring it into windows movie maker and screen shot it there. If it is auto downloaded from the web page you can go to - Tools, internet options, general tab - Settings under browser history, then find the file/s and copy it to another location . Then edit it with Movie Maker.
If it is a FLASH file- like YouTube, then pause the video and screen print like Streb said. This is the easiest for flash, but less control if you have true access to AVI, MPEG, or WMV file...
Of course what I said was assuming he had no other software on his computer. It is the ghetto-rigged work around. However useful, paint is an absolutely @#$#@ program.

zman1

I did make an assumption - since he indicated " Windows Media Player" that he had a version of Microsoft windows. I know the Windows Movie Maker application is in XP and Vista - not sure about other versions though.