How does my anemone look (pic)

marco333

When i first got my anemone, it stayed shriviled, but now its starting to get full. It still hasnt gotten the so called "bubble tips"
Could you tell me how its looking?
Thanx

j21kickster

nevermind- but that isnt much- they need more light than that- also a 10- gal is relly small for a BTA as well as that maroon clown- but make sure to feed the anemone some krill, squid or something with some substance

marco333

i feed it 3 times a week frozen clam, and tomarow im going to my lfs to get the vitemens that you soke it in.
Also i almost have 5 watts per gallen. I was told by many people that that is more then enough for a BTA.
My tanks been running for 7 months, and i really like it, and have only had 2 casualities. A snail and a redleg hermit!

j21kickster

sorry to say but that anemone is not getting enough light- i will probably make it for a whime but... ya never know- it is good that you feed it- what kind of lights are you using? That maroon clown will also get 6 inches over time and a 10 gal wont be big enough but for now it looks fine b/c that fish looks tiny 1.5- 2"

marco333

I have 2, 10 watt 6,500 mini compact bulbs, and a 28 watt compact florscent, 50% attinic, and 50% 10,000K bulb.
I do know that the maroon will get bigger, and when he gets to big, ill upgrade to a bigger tank.

buzz

The other factor with lighting is how far away from the light it is. If it is up high, and out in the open, your lighting may be able to sustain it. However, you will need to supplement a lot of meaty foods...
Also, I hate to say it, but I am with j21kickster on how it looks...it really doesn't look too good. You say this is an improvement? Well, maybe it's improving...seems it has a way to go though.
It should have a lot of tentacles, extended, and bubble tipped...It doesn't seem to have much in that regard.

marco333

its relatigly low, but it could go higher, but chose the spot where it is and seems to like it.
When ever I feed it its tenticles swell up and it looks great. But after about 20 minuts it goes back to how it looks in the pic.
Also, on the side, their is a split. I was told it might be splitting, but since it hasnt split anymore it could be a tear in the tissue. Could this be the problem? (i am going to go try to take a picture of it now)

buzz

It could be splitting...I suppose that could account for some, but if it is injured, I would try to find the source of that injury...did something attack it?
What are your water parameters like? Temp? Nitrate? Alkalinity? pH?
The clam should be a good food. I feed squid chunks. I also supplement a few times a week with an invertebrate formula, like j21kickster suggested.
For one reason or another, something isn't quite right in there...I would suspect it is rejecting the water to an extent...

marco333

i do a 10 percent water change each week. I have lots of hair alge, so im getting a phospate filter tomarow.
My friend has my test kit, so i cant test my water tonight, but will tomarow.
Hears a pic of the split.(i circled it, but its real hard to see

marco333

and actually the split was there when i bought it from my lfs, so i do not think anything from my tank is hurting it.

marco333

1 month later...
Does he look any better? He seems to me to look better. He has gotten bubble tips, but in this pic you cant really see them.
Tell me what you think...

sunken ship

Looks great to me! Seems to have improved a lot. Here's a pic of my BTA when i just put him into my tank, i'll share another pic of him once the lights in the tank go on.

sunken ship

Nope, this guy is an orange-tipped BTA. Here's another pick now that he has settled into my tank. Now his foot is starting to stick out the other side of the hole that he decided to make his home...