How does yours work?

sj022698

I just got my RO Unit and I think I just had better expectations. I have it hooked to an indoors garden spout. It is rated at 100gpd
So, that means it will only fill approx. 4.1 gallons an hour. Is this correct. I don't really care, however, I just want to make sure it's working correctly.
How do people using a 60 gpd do it? That would mean it would it would take a full 24 hours to fill a 60 gallon tank?
Your input is appreciated!
Thanks,
Justin

dogstar

You got it....thats how they work and the numbers are about right. I just let it run ito a large 5g bucket till its full for top offs and into a 45 gl rubbermaid for water changes and mine's a 100gpd too.

cain420

i have a 10 gallon per day drinking water ro unit.. i fill up 2 jugs in the am when i wake up, then 2 more when i get home, and then 2 more b4 bed... filled the tank with store water for the most part.. so i guess that is how its done, lol.. once it is full, u dont need the high output..
10 gpd is plenty for water changes + drinking + cooking..

seahorse11

SJ, I bought a Kent Marine Maxxima HI-S about a month ago to fill a 90 gallon. Its rated as 60 GPD. I hooked it up to my kitchen sink and it took about 2 days to fill. I had it on during the day and off at night. It filled the tank actually more quickly than I thought and the water was perfect.

stevenb

PSI and water temp effect water production. My kent marine needs 45psi and 77 F to produce water at rate it calls for.

dieselndix

learned something on the install of my under sink RO unit....I kept having leaks....silicones the leaks, and still had issues.....solution?
dont turn the T valve up very high at all....your house water pressure is too much for the system....just open the valve enough to barely let water flow
just FYI...hope that helps someone

cain420

Originally Posted by dieselndix
learned something on the install of my under sink RO unit....I kept having leaks....silicones the leaks, and still had issues.....solution?
dont turn the T valve up very high at all....your house water pressure is too much for the system....just open the valve enough to barely let water flow
just FYI...hope that helps someone
i am guessing this was not a brand new unit, as it could have easily been returned for a unit with good seals that do not leak. If the pressure is too high, the seals will stop it.. imo, if u have a similar experience when installing a unit, return it for a good one!