how fast does ich set in?

newsalt16

I got a fish last nite at like 7:30 and this morning it looks like he has a few white spots that may be ich. Can ich set in this fast? Also i have a quarintine tank but if i move him right now will this be too much stress with two acclimations in like a 12 hour period? thanks for any help!

takia

Yes, Ich can set in that fast, usually that can be a sign that he was just acclimated to the LFS and they sold him right away, then you acclimate again. If your hospital tank is VERY close in chemical compund drip him in and see how he does.

mrdc

Yes it can. I have seen it kill a fish in under two days. I would hurry and get it in the QT tank before the ich gets out of hand.

sunysideup

I have a 75 gallon with a dog face puffer, lion, panther gropper, urchins, etc....anyhow one got ich and they all got ich really quick. We gave a couple of our fish a fresh water bath for 2 minutes and we also turned up the heat in our tank and droped the salinty down a bit. We also got this medication called "kick ich". It is safe for your whole tank so you don't have to put any of the fish in the hospital tank. Anyhow we did the extreame treatment and they are all doing well now....good luck!