How long did it take your skimmer to produce foam?

goofieones

After about 3 different skimmers, we finally got an AquaC ev90 hooked up and working. It's been 5 days and still no foam. The manual said it would take about a week to break in. Anyways just wondering how long other people's skimmers took to start producing foam. Thanks

goofieones

I tried the berlin, it didn't work with my setup, I didn't like the two outflow tubes, and plumbing was a problem. Anyways I have some foam, but hasn't made it to the collection cup yet.

twoods71

I have a seaclone, one of the most hated skimmers by many although I really like mine.
It took a couple of days to slowly start producing and after a week it really kicked in.

goofieones

Yeah you can tee the two together, but the problem with that is you restrict the outflow when the water is forced down to one tube. It probably doesn't restrict it enough to make a difference, but if it does restrict it too much it will raise the water level in the skimmer. Ours was leaking near the o-ring, can't have that...yikes luckily we caught it early.

mr . salty

A skimmers foam production is directly related to the bio load,and how old the tank is.If this is a new tank,with a low load,there may not be anything for it to skim out of the water.

teetee

Just set upmy Brlin Hang-On today. No foam what so ever. Will let you know how long before it starts up. BTW my tank is 5 months old.

broomer5

I'm running a CPR BakPakII and the CPR SR2 units. Both produced small amounts of foam about 2-3 days after setting them up, but really didn't kick in for about a week.

i3luedragon

I have a Berlin Classic and I am wondering... what is the hole on the top for, if anyone knows? Mine took 24 hours to foam by the way. :D

I have a Remora Pro. Put it on when tank was about 4 months old and it started producing within hours. Now that it has been running it will take it awhile to start producing again after I empty the cup (green water)probably because it is keeping things nice and clean. If you have a low load and good circulation, etc. you may not have much for it to skim.

goofieones

Well, been almost a week and no noticeable foam. My readings are am-0 rites-0 rates-5-10,nirates have never been over 10, so maybe there isn't enough crap in the water to skim yet. Tank is about 6 months old.